Sunday, December 26, 2010

Post Christmas Update

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Just before Christmas I received a wonderful gift from a friend of mine.  She sent me yarn and 3 pattern books.  The books are all filled with beautiful patterns that I can use for shawls, hats, blankets and more.  I am so excited about trying them out.  Since this storm is rolling in this should be a great time to work on something new.  We are supposed to be getting 10" - 20" of snow and gusting winds. 

Rev. Denise Clapsaddle has given me a gift of an ergonomic crochet hook with multiple tip sizes.  I already tried that out and love the way it feels.  Perhaps as I sit down today and try the new patterns I will see how it helps when I have a long crocheting session.

I now have 2 shawls here if anyone knows of a need.  I have also gotten word that other members of the church have some in their homes.  Please e-mail me if you need one.  leclaire91402@yahoo.com

There is something new on my wish list.  While you are out the shopping the after Christmas clearance sales please keep an eye out for basic gift bags.  We need them to present shawls and other items in.  Previously I have purchased solid color ones at Target an Big Lots.  It is nice to present the items in a pretty bag.  I staple one of our cards to the bags before I distribute the items.

The Michael's Arts and Crafts ad this week shows that there is Lion Brand Homespun yarn on sale.  It is $2.49.  That is the cheapest I have ever seen it.  It is however limited to some specific colors.  There is supposed to a special label on them.  I imagine the supply of them at this price is pretty limited so anyone looking to pick some up should get there as soon as they are able to.  There are also a lot of other yarns on sale.  Several of them would be ideal for chemo hats.  I have not checked the other ads yet to see what they have.  I do not plan on venturing out too far in this snow while I am on crutches.

My goal for this week is to find out if any of the local animal shelters in the area are accepting donations of blankets.  I have a lot of mismatched  worsted weight acrylic yarn left over from previous projects.  I do not think that the animals will mind if the colors do not coordinate.  Once I find out what the need it I will let everyone know.

No comments:

Post a Comment