Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lots of News

I have not posted an update in a while.  I was busy getting everything put together before surgery, which went very well.  Here is an update on what has been happening.

Colynn Hodge generously donated yarn, knitting looms, crochet hooks and knitting needles.  The yarn is a  pretty variety.  Some is Red Heart Super Saver which I am planning on making into lap throws for someone in a wheel chair.  Other yarns are great novelty yarns that will be ideal for using to trim a project.  If anyone needs the knitting needles, crochet hooks, or looms please let me know.

On Monday I delivered some items for donations. 

3 Hats for the Center for Cancer Care in Torrington  
5 Hats and 4 Very Soft Scarfs for the Susan B. Anthony project


I was not sure how my surgery was going to go so I had asked for help in delivering the baby items that I did not get around to delivering before surgery.  Kimberly Marchand kindly offered to help if needed.  Thanks Kim!  Since my surgery went so well I will be able to make that errand myself.  I will likely take care of that at the beginning of next week.

I currently have 3 prayer shawls made up that are in my home.  Susan Puhalski also has one.  I will like likely have another by the end of the week.  If you know of anyone that would be comforted by a shawl please let us know and we will get one right out.  These shawls can provide comfort to people going through many different personal challenges.  It is nice for people to know that they are not alone and that others are thinking of them.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holiday season so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment