Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pre Christmas Dontation to the Susan B Anthony Project

This morning I stopped by the Susan B. Anthony Project (SBAP) with some items to donate.  I brought in 4 scarves and 16 hats along with a couple other items I have picked up at the store. 

Our weather for November was very warm compared to what we are used to here in Connecticut.  We know this warmer weather is likely to quickly come to an end. Today at the SBAP I was told that earlier in the season they had a lot of hats but with the one cold spell we had they were all quickly taken.  They felt that the items that I brought in today would be quickly claimed.  If anyone has been looking for a project to work on it sounds like there is plenty of need there.


I have 4 hats made up to bring to the Torrington Cancer Center.  That is not enough.  By this time last year we had already donated a decent amount.  An adult hat can be crocheted with a thick yarn and a basic pattern in about an hour.  If anyone if willing to help please let me know.  I would gladly provide you with yarns and a crochet hook if you need them.  I can also teach you to crochet if you are interested in learning.

Needs for these types if donations are much higher this time of year.  In our current economy most people have less money to spend and many have limited time.  It does not take much of a sacrifice to make up a hat or a blanket.  I always purchase yarns on sale.  There are many brands that are affordable but still of high quality.  I like to crochet in the evenings while I watch television.  The way I look at it, if I am sitting on the sofa I might as well accomplish something while I am there.  Perhaps you could do the same.

Please contact me at leclaire91402@yahoo.com if you are interested in contributing or know of anyone in need.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment