Wednesday, October 19, 2011

After the Fair

The church once again held a duck race raffle on the weekend of the Riverton Fair.  It was a great success.  The weather was amazingly warm.  It really was a lot of fun to participate in.





I have a great group of items I am putting together to bring to the Susan B. Anthony Project.  I am currently finishing up a scarf to add to it.  I am making this one with Bernat "Lu Lu" yarn.  It is a soft yarn of a great fuzzy texture.  I picture it being ideal for a young girl in the shelter.   It looks like it will be pretty cute. 

My next goal is to get more hats made up for the chemo patients.  It is getting pretty cold here in Connecticut.  My furnace has already kicked on a couple times this season.  I would like to get a large batch to the Torrington Center for Cancer Care soon.  It would be nice to get them a large batch to start off with.  If you can make any hats up please let me know.  Keep in mind that hats for chemo patients must be made with a soft yarn.  It is best that the style of hat does not have any "holes" in the pattern. A nice tight stitch is preferred.  I do have yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles and looms available for anyone that needs supplies to get started.

There are many people that work together to make this ministry possible but I am currently the only one writing this blog.  I am happy to report that my life has changed a bit and I do expect to be writing more often.  If you have any questions or ideas for future blog post please let me know.  I look forward to doing all I can to expand and touch more lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment