Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Small Delivery to the Susan B. Anthony Project

Today I gathered a small batch of items to bring to the Susan B. Anthony Project.  I did not have as many items together as I would have liked to but I am confident that everything that is brought in will go to good use.

I am very impressed with the Susan B. Anthony Project.  They are located at 179 Water Street in Torrington, Connecticut.  The building that they are currently in is the one that used to house the law firm that I worked for.  It is amazing what they have done to the building.  They have updated it on the inside and made it fit their needs but kept it's beautiful character.  I believe the building used to be the home of the Torrington Brass company or something such as that many years ago.  The Susan B. Anthony project helps many women and children.  There services have made a huge difference in the lives of many people.  They are a place to turn to when there is no where else to turn.

http://www.sbaproject.org/

The items that I brought in today will be distributed to the women and children that they are helping.  It gives me great pleasure to bring these things in knowing that these people have so little that these items really will make a difference and help them out.  In addition to the handmade items pictured below I also brought in some new bras and hosiery.  Those items as well as many others are always needed.



My next goal is to complete a group of hats to bring to the Cancer Care Center in Torrington.  I would like to complete them quickly because they weather is starting to turn cool.  Some of these evenings lately have been quite chilly.  Please let me know if you have any hats that you would like to include in the next group I drop off.  You are welcome to come along too when I bring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment