Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Granny Square Scarf

This morning I just completed my newest project for charity.  I made some granny squares up with Vanna's Choice Yarn.  It was yarn I had left over from a baby blanket I made.  This yarn is currently available at Ocean State Job Lot for $3.00 for the large 7 ounces skein.  The ones available at Michael's, ACMoore, etc are smaller.  This is also a great way to use up leftover pieces.  You could even buy up some mismatched yarn cheaply at a tag sale and make these squares.

I love the idea of making items like this as a group.  Multiple people can make squares.  Different people can sew them together and add the border.  If anyone is interested in a project like this please let me know.  Squares can be formed together to make many different things.

Later this week I plan on dropping off this scarf along with several other items at the Susan B. Anthony project in Torrington.  I am also working on getting together a group of hats for the Cancer Care Center in Torrington.  If anyone is interested in donating to the cancer center please note that they only treat adult patients.  If you have smaller hats I can gladly find a different place that does treat children.

1 comment:

  1. For information about the Susan B. Anthony Project please view the link below.

    http://www.sbaproject.org/

    ReplyDelete