Friday, January 28, 2011

One Snowy January!

All of this snow here in Connecticut has made it a great month to crochet or knit.  It has also made it a month of a lot of need for many.  We have broken the record for the most snow in the month of January and more is in the forecast.

Mounds of January Snow

The scarfs, mittens and hats that were placed on the Christmas tree this year were beautiful.  The colors were gorgeous.  It was easy to see that a tremendous amount of time went into creating them.  These items were all donated to the Susan B. Anthony Project in Torrington.  I contacted them to see what their need was this year.  Normally they receive more donations of those sort of items then they did this year.  With the bitter cold and snow that we have had they were in demand.   The day I dropped them off was one of the brutally cold days we have had.  Cathy at the front desk said that they were almost out of them so the timing was good.  Thank you to those that donated these items!

I have made up a lap throw with some basic worsted weight yarn that was donated.  A photo of it is below.  As you can see, this was done with a very basic stitch.  It worked up quickly.  If I had a group of them I would get them to a hospice or other place of need.  Since I only have the one I will wait for now.  If you know anyone confined to a wheelchair or any way in need of a throw please contact me so I can get one out to them

No comments:

Post a Comment