Saturday, October 23, 2010

UCC Meeting

Today we were are the UCC Meeting in Middletown.  We met a lot of new people.  There were many people that had stories to share about their experiences with prayer shawls.  Many groups are making them.  They have such a wonderful meaning and they can go to many people for many reasons.

I would like people to know that there are needs for so many more items in addition to the shawls.  There are so many things that we can do that will help people as much as these shawls.  The care and thought that goes into all of these hand crafted items is emotionally helpful as well as physically helpful.  I am dedicating myself to help when I can through my crocheting and I hope others will help through their crafts as well.





On Thursday I was given a new idea of a need.  I made a statement to my dentist that I had been busy crocheting and she asked if I could make covers for portable oxygen tanks.  What a wonderful idea!  I am excited about looking into that and seeing what patterns I can come up it.

This week I will be heading the that Cancer Center in Torrington with a group of hats for chemo patients.  I hope that now the cold weather is here I can start supplying them with many more.

I have many more great ideas to share but it has been a long day.  A good, but long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment